Sunday, January 20, 2013

quick trip to Toowoomba

Last Thursday and Friday the girls and I made a quick trip to Toowoomba.  I wanted to visit some friends who I had always talked about visiting, but never zoomed up the Warrego to do.  So I made it happen!

We had lunch with the lovely Kate, who I know from a long time ago.  Let's just say 'before children'.  When I was younger.  And I think I persuaded her to go into speech pathology as a career - pretty sure it has worked out for her.  Anyway, she has never sent me an angry letter about it.  It was so nice to catch up and see her beautiful children.  Her little ones made me a tiny bit clucky...move on.

We then visited with Yasmin and her girls, where we had arranged to go on a horse ride together.  Sounds charming and country, doesn't it?  We all piled into her car (after petrol stops and toilet stops and afternoon tea stops and dropping off my car stops) and set off - Yas was driving and I was navigating.

She did an excellent job of driving.  My navigating however, led us up the bush track.  Yas had never down 4WDing before.  She learnt quickly, as the paths we were following were more like little cow tracks through paddocks with puddles and potholes. I don't know if it was the combination of our personalities, but we decided to push on through the paddocks until we got to our destination, rather than going back and trying another road.  We both got a terrible case of the giggles, and the children put blind faith in their mothers that they would get to their destination.  Although Gabby did say 'Are we lost?'.  Not really, we are exactly where the blue dot on the ipad says we are.  We just didn't go directly.  And then we drove down a road called Bum Bum Road. 

Gigglefest from everyone in the car.

Here is the route we took in red.


 The route we SHOULD have taken was in blue.

We were a bit late for the horseriding. 

I loved getting on a horse again.  I have always loved riding a horse and take every opportunity to do so.  It was a lovely time wandering through the bush on horses at sunset.  My horse was also quite nice, actually responded to my instructions and gave me a good trot/canter.






 Thanks Yas for our horseriding 4WD adventure.  Bum Bum Road - hee hee hee.

Our next stop on Visiting All The People I Know In Toowoomba was with my lovely friend Deanne, who is travelling with me overseas in March.  We planned what we are talking about in our speech therapy conference in the villages, and chatted travel plans.  Very exciting! I have a whole two pages of notes to turn into a few hours of presentation...hmmm.

Then Deanne asked if we wanted to go to her mum's house and see a baby Clydsedale.   OF COURSE we would. It's not every day you see that!

Awwww.  Hi Baby!


Little fluffy tail!

Awwww.



Those baby legs are long.


Picking cherry tomatoes.  Yummy.


 Our trip to Toowoomba was heaps of fun - thanks to everyone who we visited!

2 comments:

  1. Oh squee, you blogged about me and I never knew! Thankyou! It was fabulous seeing you and your beautiful girls, and now to see the pics of what you did with Yasmin's family who I've met ... awesome!

    Thankyou for getting me into speech pathology! No nasty letters about it - not from me! What a wonderfully rewarding profession to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? It was a very awesome trip to Toowoomba and one I should do more often!

      Delete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!