Tuesday, January 8, 2013

the grass is always greener

I was given some turf for Christmas - a big THANK YOU to Gen and Al.

It transformed this space...



Oh thanks Matt,Gen, Tony and Al for digging up the yard for me!  We (I use 'we' loosely here) dug the ground up about ten centimetres with the mattock, then wet it with the sprinkler, then made it level (ish) then slapped the turf on top then left the sprinkler on it.  Muddy and wet.  Scooter loved it.



My newly turfed garden.


Complete with stepping stones.


And I am pleased to say due to great preparation none of the turf has died since being laid four weeks ago.  In fact it needs a second mow.

The grass is definitely greener.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very good! I hope the recent dry spell hasn't knocked it over

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!