Saturday, August 31, 2013

Recycling op shop crockery

I have a significant birthday tomorrow. It starts with four and ends with 'o'. I have decided to have a party. Cause I'm extroverted like that.

For my party all my guests have to come in something they have found at an op shop for under ten dollars. It has been pretty fun searching for an outfit - I have visited many of Brisbane's finest op shops and now know which ones are cheap and what the opening hours are for my local ones.

On my travels around the op shops I have been collecting crockery as well. It means that I have been searching through dusty piles of plates with patterns I remember from my childhood. I am going to serve my party food on crockery cake stands. My friend and I made them the other day - we stuck them together with royal icing so I can dissemble them after the party and return them to the op shop.




I am really happy with how they turned out. I'm pretty excited for my party!! Bring on tonight! I will try and remember to post some photos of the cake stands with food on them. And my spectacular op shop outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!