Sunday, April 29, 2012

we are so groovy


So the lovely Susy had a seventies themed party.  I won't say what age she was turning - only that it was after 39 and before 41.  But my lips are sealed.


We glammed up in our seventies gear - mine was from an op shop.  The other girls had originals from their mother.  I personally don't think Katy wears a yellow pantsuit enough.  It's so flowy, yet practical!


One of my favourite parts of the night was the seventies themed supper - cocktail onions, kabana and cheese on a stick, prunes in bacon, prawn cocktails, chocolate fondue, celery sticks with sultanas and peanut butter and did I say chocolate fondue?  It was like all my primary school lunchbox treats had gathered together in one awesome table of tastiness.


I love that I can still hang out with these girls many many years later.  Fun!


My date for the night had the chest hair happening.  So seventies.  And groovy.

Yay.

Recovering today though from a trip to Nambour and back in one night.  I am not as young as I was.  But not as old as the birthday girl...yet.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    How did you get Guido's number as your date???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can get Guido's number any time I want

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!