Sunday, November 10, 2013

kidsummer night's dream!

Annika and Gab were both involved in the primary school musical this year - which was an adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Annika was King Oberon (boys being a little thin on the ground in the drama club).  She was pretty awesome and OWNED it.  I can say that cause I'm her mum.  But independent opinions also said she was pretty good.



Gab was a beautiful fairy.  She knew exactly what she had to do and looked gorgeous.  She has come such a long way from being a kid who didn't talk in front of anyone at prep.  She is determined to try out for a speaking role next year.





A big thank you to the group of mums who made the costumes.  It did not involve me.  I handed over $12 and my children were costumed.  Excellent.

And I am so impressed with the teachers and kids that gave up all their time, lunch breaks and after schools, to do a performance that went for an hour and a half.  No-one forgot their lines.  Everyone remembered to come on at the right time.

It gives the kids so much confidence and pride.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!