Wednesday, December 4, 2013

wide eyed Christmas show

We are in the middle of the puppet Christmas season.  We have ten shows booked.  Ten!  With all sorts of different audiences and venues.  I wrote the script a few weeks ago, and included six puppets in it.  We have had to pad out a little bit of the script to give me time to change puppets, as some of the changes happen very quickly.  And then the puppets change costumes.  I probably should have thought this through a bit more...

We painted a new Christmas backdrop after excellent backdrop sewing support by the wonderful Kerrie.


And also endured heckling and input in rehearsals by our resident three year old critic.


Performing the sixth show!



I have my hand inside that pink puppet there.  Cheeky thing.


I have really enjoyed the show this year.  It involves a persistent chicken, a Diva Dizzy, a director called Pam and a slightly inappropriate camel.  And a lot of talk about the real story of Christmas, when God stepped into the world.

What a privilege to tell the old old story that is always new with wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!