Sunday, June 8, 2014

just say yes

I don't even know what happened to May. Let's just make it non-blogging month - because I maybe was just too busy saying yes to doing cool stuff.  Here's some of the things I said 'yes' to:

- being in a choir concert with the QLD Pops Orchestra where I got to fire a CONFETTI CANNON during the 1812 overture .  Yep, I was allowed to shoot confetti all over the audience at QPAC - I was nervous I would get the timing wrong but the conductor was very clear - da da da da da da da da da daaaaa BOOM

- walking and walking and walking in preparation for the Bridge to Brisbane - I am not going to jog it but I am going to walk it.  Unfortunately my walking has not eventuated into Less Of Me yet....

- going to the very cool and inspiring Spectronics Inclusive Technologies conference - I presented on the first day in the first session (best conference timeslot ever) on working with Boardmaker in villages in Kyrgyzstan - and then spent the rest of the week soaking up knowledge and ideas from like minded people from all over the world - I have so many ideas to implement at work

- talking of work - saying 'yes' to having university students on prac with me - I never realise how much of my job is chatting and relationship building until I have a student standing next to me, probably drumming her fingers in her mind

- saying 'yes' to being in another choir performance of Boadecia - all about the Celtic Warrior Queen - lots of intense singing, blood and drama

- working towards our mid year holiday program at church and writing scripts for dramas - let's just say I managed to get a stampede of teenagers in animal onesies into the script.  Writing songs to record for the kids holiday program

- teaching every week with my wonderful grade threes in their RE lessons - we are working our way through the Old Testament stories.  I like to make their eyes go huge when we do the stories about how cool God's big plan is.

- becoming a sporting mum - Gab has started playing hockey this season.  I am now the one that screeches across the field GO GABBY.  Although most of the time I have no idea what she is supposed to be doing.  They all look so tough with their shinpads and mouthguards and sticks...

- cooking and eating and participating in Bake and Share (possibly one of the reasons why there is not Less Of Me - see above)

- hanging out with friends, hanging out with family, partying, joining Twitter

- reading books for bookclub and for myself, learning from 1 Peter about being brave and kind with the gospel

- making sure I watch every episode of Orphan Black

- music concerts, music practices, homework, washing, ironing, cooking, tidying

Why doesn't the bathroom clean itself - doesn't it know I have Confetti Cannons to Fire?!

This is one of those times where I feel I am grabbing the opportunities as they come up.  Saying 'yes'.  Giving things a go.  Because it doesn't have to be perfect all the time.  If you wait for the right time, it will never happen.

Just say yes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It sounds like a fabulous month, and I couldn't think of more worthy reasons to neglect your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!