Sunday, February 1, 2015

#swimaKeveryday

I made a big promise/resolution/decision in January - that I would try and swim a kilometre a day.  For as long as I could.

I have done one month of this - and have averaged about 5/7 days in a week of swimming a kilometre.  Heading into my second month.  Which should be a little easier because swimming squad has started again.

In term four 2014 I joined the local primary school swimming squad, and swum with the grade sixes.  That's about the level I am.  Each training session I do about 1.6 km - including BUTTERFLY.  I am trying to do 100 metres of butterfly in a row (with flippers).  Getting there.

Swimming is so good for me for heaps of reasons - it doesn't impact on any of my joints, I can spend the time praying and thinking and writing scripts in my head (hmmm wish I had a waterproof notepad to jot down ideas), there are no screens involved, my lung capacity is improving, my mental health enjoys it, and it is toning up all of my muscles.

I am getting big swimmers shoulders...but I kind of had those already.  Now I just deserve to have them.

I am going to see if I can keep this up for term one.  And crack the three digit weight barrier as a side effect.

Just keep swimming.....


1 comment:

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!