Sunday, June 19, 2011

dancing concert - tick

It feels great to get things done early.  I am one of those people who never asked for an assignment extension, and mostly always have materials prepared a good week before they are due.  Some would say I am a girly swot.

So when our dancing teacher decided to have the dancing concert this year 6 months earlier than normal - it appealed greatly to my sense of organisation.  She decided to do this so as to not conflict with the ballet exams at the end of the year.  Hence a ballet concert in June!

We were at a new venue - Gateway Baptist - and it was great.  Lighting and everything!  The girls looked beautiful and danced wonderfully.  Many proud mummy moments.  Even when I could tell Gab was a bit nervous she pushed through and remembered her steps.  And Annika lights up like a spotlight on stage.  She loves it.  Each year they get better and better.  It is wonderful to watch them blossom and grow into who they are.

My little baboushka doll


when baboushka dolls go gangster

check out that bun! curls hairsprayed down

Gab is third from the left

'I'm a bird I can fly!' - she loved this simple costume


Gab on stage in the middle

she's so shy....

play the game of capture the sister

hmmmm...what are my steps

dancing in the middle somewhere

they really did not like this tap costume

we did it!

tap shoes ready?

on stage with tap dance - they are both in there somewhere

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Annika and Gabalicious! Ella has hers this Friday night - combined with a trivia night for us so it might be a late night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job girls!- Loving those birdie costumes!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!