Monday, June 27, 2011

modelling

We have been staying in Armidale for a few days - celebrating the festival of forty.  My husband's school friends have all met up for a a reunion to mark the fact they are all turning forty this year or the next year.  I have had a wonderful time - even though they are not my school friends I know so many of the stories I almost feel I am part of the group.  I collected forty memories from them all, and will do something creative with a photo and words.

Anyway, while Chris and I have been reconnecting with everyone the girls have been producing and directing productions at Granny's house.  I probably have been modeling writing scripts and doing performances over the last few weeks.  I insist on several dress rehearsals before we come to view the performance.  We have had two productions already - the scooter show and the puppet show.

The scooter show had tickets with seat numbers, and said 'may involve some chair moving'  We were instructed go outside - at 6.30 pm in Armidale (we complained loudly for most of the performance how cold it was).  I had to purchase tickets using money made by Gab.  We watched her do some scooter tricks and ride the scooter into the darkness. I think more effort went into the promotion and set up then the actual performance.

The second show - performance 4.30 pm this afternoon - was a puppet show with full stage set, script by Annika and puppet performance by Gab.  It took them hours - at least long enough for me to go through several levels of Angry Birds on the ipad.

It struck home to me this afternoon how much we model and how much our children pick up.  So if i want kind considerate helpful children who use their gifts and welcome others I need to model this.

And if I want puppeteers I will model being a puppeteer.

ticketing - 5 pretend dollars each



set with performers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!