Friday, April 6, 2012

like Torvill and Dean

they glided across the ice at Boondall.  Although on the trip there I got the feeling that I always get when I go to the northside and CROSS THE RIVER.  A slightly upside down feeling.  An unfamiliarity and shift in my internal southside magnetic compass.  We had to go to Boondall Ice Skating because the one over this side is closed for renovation.


We had our fairly regular ice skating date with friends in the holidays yesterday. 


It has now reached the point where the children can skate by themselves and I have to sit on the side minding the bags.  And I have to hold a hot chocolate and gasbag with my mate.  I sacrifice sometimes.


They can also now participate in the ice rink game of red rover.  This is the smile of a girl who crossed the ice rink four times before she was tagged by those mean ice rink worker dudes.


We like ice skating.  We like siting on the side eating snacks and watching.


 The smile of a girl who can now skate into the middle and do a tiny spin.  Life skill = tick.


The smile of this girl.  It makes my day.


Disco lights on a Thursday afternoon.  All is good and funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!