Sunday, February 20, 2011

new nephew

There is nothing like the smell of a newborn.  Not sure what it is - but their little heads are all fresh and soft.  And the potential.  It is like holding an acorn.

My little nephew was born this week on Valentine's day.  I have already succeeded as an aunty - I have changed him (not personality or spirituality just a nappy), burped him, held him and put him to sleep.  Da daaaaaa.  I hope my sister goes well with two little ones.  I am not sure I really remember 2003 which is when I had a two year old and a baby.  I remember people asking 'how is the baby' a lot, to which I would answer 'the baby is fine.  However, the two year old is walking on VERY THIN ICE.'

My new nephew 5 hours old


After some aunty love a couple of days later


I think he may have made me feel a bit clucky.  I took the girls to go and look at puppies yesterday and we cuddled all these cute little pups.  Slightly more hairy than my nephew though.

2 comments:

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!