Friday, February 4, 2011

ten

I have been procrastinating writing this post because I have recently got a  new computer (yay) but it has taken ages to transfer all my information from the old one.  And I still haven't worked out how to put photos on from my camera.  Which is important because I had photos of when someone turned ten this week!  She had a book-worm cake.  Being a book-worm and all.


My oldest daughter is now in double digits.

How did that happen?

She was tiny.  Talkative but tiny.  Demanding and exciting and creative and my first and tantruming and engaging and cuddly and stomping and tiny.
Now she is lanky and ten.  She is so creative - her brain is away in a far off place thinking and dreaming.  She is so people focused and feels the nuances and ripples of dynamics in a group like she is swimming through them.  She is such a deep thinker and ponders her Creater carefully and wonderfully.  She shares my love of musicals (we went to Wicked last night AWESOME) and she is beautiful.

What a gift.  And already I feel her growing and looking forward and slipping towards the woman she will be.  How exciting.

And how old I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous post. Happy birthday lovely ten year old. Amazingness. Love to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!