Thursday, February 28, 2013

travellin' prep

In less than a week I will be flying off to Krygyzstan and China.  My bag has been packed for...let's say...more than four weeks.  I have been pretty excited, and I have played out my excitement and nervousness by being a bit 'anal' about my packing.

The other night my husband had a dream about me.  Lovely hey?  He told me that while I was overseas doing some work in a village one of my travelling companions had asked me for some notes.  I pulled out my Lever Arch folders of uni notes I just 'happened' to pack in my suitcase, just in case they were needed.

I guess my packing and organising has leached over into the family life. 

A friend of Chris' asked if I had prepared and labelled all the dinners for my family and put them in the freezer.  Ummmm...no.  That's not how we roll in our family.  But I am hoping my children get vegetables while I am gone - sometimes I feel like the salad-pusher in our house.

I will miss my family terribly.  But I think it is good to sometimes branch out from some of your life roles (muuuuuuuummmmmm) to concentrate on one thing - in my case this will be intrepid traveller, village visitor and speech pathologist being translated into Russian.  My expectations are varied - I will see what the trip brings.

For the next few days I will be list making and final take off checking.  My ski pants fit (yay!), my passport is stamped with a visa, and my pixie beanie is packed.

Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!