Saturday, May 18, 2013

loving the flea market

Last Sunday the girls and I went to the flea market.  It's a great place to hang out on a crisp morning.  I got sucked into buying a box of mandarins for $3 - so the girls have been made to eat four mandarins a day.  It makes packing lunches easy.  They had a mandarin fueled Naplan week.

I picked up this bike trainer for ten bucks that attaches to my bike and gives it resistance.  I plan to cycle a whole lot of nowhere in front of the TV, hopefully burning off thigh diameter.


I also realised that last week I wore clothes to work pretty much all from the flea market.  I looked professional enough....

I think there is probably enough stuff in the world already.  Trying to buy second hand where possible helps.  But I am inconsistent with this.  I buy new stuff as well and contribute towards globalisation and downtrodden workers.

Tonight we are going to a 40th birthday party where the host has indicated no presents.  That's what I plan to bring - nothing.   It always end up that I take the 'no present' thing seriously and have empty hands, and everyone else just brings a little 'something'.  Hang on, I have just had a brilliant idea.

I will bring mandarins from the markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!