Thursday, March 6, 2014

almost two laps of butterfly

I have taken up swimming squad again.  After a short break of 30 years, I decided to hit the local school pool and do squad with the grade 6 kids at 6.30 in the morning.  This morning was even raining as I trained.  I felt completely HARD CORE.

It has not taken that long for my body to get used to swimming again.  I also swim much further with the subtle peer pressure of the kids and the coach.  So I am averaging about two kilometres each training session - MUCH further than I would swim on my own.

I set myself the goal of swimming two laps of butterfly (in the 25m school pool).  I look kind of like a drowning person flailing about - but this morning I nearly made it.  With flippers on.

Not like this


More like this


But I am nearly there.  I am so competitive and determined like that.  If there is a ten year old to beat in a lap of butterfly, I say BRING IT.

There are four more weeks of squad for the season. I hope I can reach my goal.  Then I will have to find a winter sport...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If I have made you laugh Losa, I figure my work is done. And by the way, I did three whole laps of butterfly today - BOOYAH

      Delete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!