Monday, December 3, 2012

Hats off

My husband Chris has been away in Thailand now for a week and a half. There are two and half weeks to go. He has gone to lead a group of young people on a short term mission trip, to teach English, and help at the refugee school on the Thai Burma border.

I am keeping the home ....um...fans blowing (extremely hot at the moment - home fires seemed inappropriate with very strict fire warnings). It has been.......ok.

I have kept busy. Actually quite inevitable at this time of year. I have chunked my time into morning, afternoon and night and planned what to do in each 'chunk'. I have prayed and read and watched a little too much TV ('Hoarders' - it's compelling viewing - I started tidying up the lounge room while watching it at midnight).

The girls have been great - only one meltdown so far and that was partly my fault for dropping one of the balls I am juggling.

But I am on a limited time for this solo gig. I take my hat off to the women who do it all the time, even though they may not have chosen it. Sometimes you need to experience it to empathize.

He is growing a beard while he is away - the longest chance he has had to do it without me whinging about prickly kisses. And we are able to Skype and Facebook - yay for modern technology.

I couldn't do it without support - thanks family and friends.

Halfway there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!