Saturday, May 28, 2011

a day to remember

Today I took my oldest daughter for a major bonding session.  She is ten and a half - and according to all the literature I have been reading around girls becoming teenagers - the more groundwork you can lay while they are compliant pre-teens the better.  Although the emotional rollercoaster has had the straps tightened, the final check by the spotty youth and is shunting out of the shelter...

I won't go into details around the discussions - spoiling a confidence - but it was a great day of sharing and planning and stories from my teenage years.

And we had a pedicure together. Giggle town (that bit where they use sandpaper to scratch away the years of dead skin - SO ticklish). We needed a montage moment of dressing in different clothes in the changerooms but that part didn't happen.

My big girl.  Ten years down.  Maybe 8 to 10 years left before she is gone.

At Sandgate Pier

Pedicure and frappe

So big!


On the other hand you never really go.  I had my Dad over for emergency babysitting tonight while we attended a trivia night (thanks Dad!).  Where I won a raffle prize.  Winning streak continues....

1 comment:

  1. Well done- you are a legend!
    Thanks for coming along to the Trivia night- I really enjoyed having you guys around.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!