Sunday, May 15, 2011

the ditzy fee

Recently I have had to pay a few ditzy fees.  This is the expenditure that occurs through simple lack of concentration on my part. The times where I have to pay up for being vague and distractable.  And the ditzy fee has been quite high in the last month.

Here is the ditzy fee account for the last month.

I scraped someone's car with the nose of my car while parking in our local supermarket carpark.  It was a mum from school that I said 'hi' to while I was grocery shopping, little knowing I had just removed the paint from her station wagon's back door.
Ditzy fee = insurance excess

I was singing loudly to Wicked and talking to the girls while driving past a stationary speed camera in the Clem7.  I was 11 km over the limit.  I was warned three times about the camera through signage.
Ditzy fee = speeding ticket

I have just been to a conference in Adelaide. When registering for the conference at my workplace I accidentally ticked a box saying that I would require accommodation at the conference.  Then I organised other accommodation.  The Mercure rang the conference organisers on the second day of the conference - concerned I was not sleeping in the room they had prepared for me.
Ditzy fee = one unused night in a hotel (I feel a bit tempted to go and get a little shampoo from them).

Maybe my brain is so brimming with fabulous ideas that details drip out the side.  Maybe I need a personal assistant slash carer.

But the ditzy fee is hurting my ipad aspirations.

4 comments:

  1. Ay ya - you can borrow Zach as an excuse if you like! I left the keys in the door of the car while I went shopping for an hour... but at least it didn't cost anything (car was still there!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you just charge it to the Cruze account?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cruze account is committed to the China trip!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!