Wednesday, May 4, 2011

little ditty

I have spent the weekend at YNET - a youth leader's training event up at Mt Tambourine.  I learnt a lot about pride and humility, had a great time catching up with people and making new friends, and learnt four chords on the ukelele.

So now I am going to use those four chords in RE tomorrow to help tell the story of Zaccheus.  The chords are C, G, Am, F.  The tune is Jason Mraz 'I'm yours'.  I love it when I can use skills straight away that I have recently learned.  It consolidates the process, and I get to pass it on quickly.  And I am hoping I can sing loudly over my chord changes and fingering on the ukelele.  And that the tuning holds up for tomorrow (I tuned it to a website on the computer).

Here are the lyrics:

Zaccheus was a short man who lived long long ago
He collected all the money and kept some for himself you know
People did not like Zac
They never asked him back
One day Jesus came right into Zac's home town
Zac wanted to meet him and see Him all around
But Zac couldn't see
So he climbed up a tree

(chorus) Jesus came to seek and save the lost Luke 19:10 I'm sure (repeat)

Jesus said 'come down I really want to meet you,
I'm coming to your house to sit down and eat with you'
Zac's heart's been far away
but this is a brand new day
Zac changed his life, gave his money to the poor
He was a very different man than he was before
He gave it back times four
But he was still short

(chorus)

I plan on teaching the kids the chorus which is the memory verse for the lesson, then I will just sing the verses.  I hope it works!

I am also planning on bringing a significantly sized tree branch to school for one of my puppets to climb up and pretend to be Zaccheus.

Fun times at RE.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you should repeat it for storytime at family mission

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea - I bags the Zaccheus day

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!