Friday, August 19, 2011

athelete in da house

Junior sports day today.  Gab's last year as one of the young ones in the school that get to run and cheer and dress up.  Next year it is all serious competition and introduction to long jump and throwing things the furthest.  But this year there was a class dressed up as smurfs.  Way cool.

The wait and anticipation for Gabby's race was long - as a grade three girl she ran last.  They ran all the boys first to get the wiggles out.  Gab was happy to sit and chat with her best mate.  But when she was called up to run she was focused.  When Gabby sees there is a job to be done she goes for it.  She concentrates and looks straight ahead.  Which is what she told me about running the race  - 'I just looked straight down the track and ran mummy.'




And she came second!  Yay Gab!  Those long long legs just ran all the way to the end.

But she would not accept a post race hug from a parent.  She had jobs to do - she needed to go get a ribbon. She is one focused girl.

And another update - I think I need to ring Today Tonight.  AMAZING SECRET TO WEIGHT LOSS DISCOVERED.  I have hit the 10 kilo weight loss mark.  I am hitching up my pants and down two sizes.  Who knew that eating less and exercising more would have such an impact.  Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, well done Gab-what a great attribute to have!
    Well done Catriona- that's so fantastic(the weight loss).

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!