Sunday, August 28, 2011

a list of 20 things

1. We are going to China and Vietnam in less than two weeks.
2. Our walking training regime where I make the girls walk kilometres around our hilly suburb to practise for the Great Wall has dropped off.
3.  I think I am not as fit as I could be.
4.  Not sure if 2 and 3 are related.
5. I have to pick which puppets I am going to take.  I have been asked to do three puppeting/storytelling workshops in the city we are visiting.  Pretty excited.
6.  Dizzy is too big to come, even though she has repeatedly asked.  I mean she has her own suitcase with numerous accessories.
7.  Gabby has been dligently learning introductory Chinese from youtube videos.  This has been unprompted by me.
8.  I expect her to do all of our bargaining in the market.
9. I have instructed the family that we are eating down the fridge.  We will not be buying any more food before we go.
10. Except milk.
11. And medicinal items.
12. Like chocolate.
13. The fence needs to be completed before we go because the PUPPY ARRIVES the day we get back.
14.  Very excited about the puppy. It is a red and white border collie (this is her mum).  Chris still has naming rights.  I want to call her Rose Tyler as a Dr Who homage.  Still seeing whether this will fly.
15. I have started packing my bag.  So far I have a pair of shorts, two shirts and a towel.  Everything else needs to be washed.
16. Can't believe in less than two weeks we are catching the midnight flight to China.
17. I hope to be much more regular with blogging while we are overseas.
18. We are still waiting for our visas for China.  I handed them in last week.
19. I am going on long service leave for the rest of the year.  I have 6 more days of work.
20. Praying for our time in China.

2 comments:

  1. 6 more days of work for the year sounds just as exciting as going OS, and getting a new puppy!!!!!!
    Great lists- just be sure you don't eat the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL!! I'm coming to China with you vicariously (are you really going to pack Dizzy in a suitcase?!) xx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!