Sunday, August 12, 2012

my clever husband

My strongest love language is jobs.  So when Chris makes stuff in the shed for the house I know I am loved.

I also really love moving furniture around in the house.  It's like having a little holiday with your stuff, and solving a new puzzle about how to fit things in.  And you get to clear out clutter.

Gab had been wanting a 'high' bed for a while (well ever since I mentioned it to her).  So Chris my clever husband made one for her by taking the legs off her bed and replacing them with very long legs made from beams left over from the house renovation.  And he made a ladder at the end.  And a safety rail.  Safety first.  Which reminds me, we may have to rethink the fan that is quite near her high bed....


Her desk and her drawers now fit under her bed.


And she can fit a sister on top.


Thanks clever husband.

3 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT!! Good job, Chris :) And enjoy your new bed, Gabby!

    This post pulled my heartstrings a little... my dad did almost EXACTLY the same thing for me and my bed a few years ago when I was still at home and at uni!! (So I could fit the desk underneath and save space.) Only, mine was painted white, and Chris' ladder at the end looks more user-friendly ;) That is clever.
    Thanks for sharing, Catriona!

    (And yep, the fan was scary. Definitely left it off when I was in bed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!