Thursday, August 23, 2012

Things I will never learn

I don't want to be close minded and not open to change, but there are some areas of expertise I am perfectly happy to outsource.

I have decided today that I will:

- never learn to back a trailer
- never learn to fold a fitted sheet
- never learn how to make pastry
- never learn the rules of gridiron

I've let it go. I am settled in my heart about it.

But I am perfectly willing to learn other new things. How to work the sound desk. Words in any language. How to be more kind. Many many more things.

How about you? What will you never learn?

7 comments:

  1. Apparently, I will never learn, when I have a new blog reader, to ask, "Do YOU have a blog?" I had no idea you were here until my commented on my sister's blog! Lovely to add you to my reading.

    (By the way, I have only been writing grumpy blog posts since I tried exclusively breastfeeding a few days ago. But the young one is accepting bottles again, so I'm back to partially expressing and using bottles and being HAPPY! YAY! No more grumpy posts, I promise.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I suggest if you are reading here for the first time - to read the 'Mickey stories' - about a small friend of mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've come to the unhappy conclusion that though I studied Japanese (almost) full-time for two years, and part-time for longer and have lived here over a decade, I will never speak or read Japanese well. This was not my idea of what a missionary should be at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Catriona! I know you! It's been a decade since we last met - how ARE you? Doing well, I see!

    I have a photo of your husband with hair wraps in his beard on a Beach Mission. I wonder if I can email it to you... oh hang on, I just remembered how I look in that photo. No beard, but plenty of craziness.

    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool- would love to see that photo! I also boarded with your family for about 4 weeks when I got my first job in Toowoomba in 1995. Your mum made me lunch every day and I felt so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making it my mission in life to teach you at least the later three when next we meet in person. Never, say never.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have showed me the fitted sheet thing before Katie. I obviously did not pay attention...

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!