Tuesday, April 9, 2013

holidays

The days seem to merge a little, and I am hanging onto the slight time difference from China which makes me stay up late and get up early.  Chris is away this week in Woorabinda hanging with some youth, so the girls and I are hanging at home.

I have decided to indoctrinate let them watch the BBC Pride and Prejudice.  We are watching an episode a day.  I like explaining how the language works to them, and translating what Lizzy is saying.  Nobody talks like that around here.  Maybe there should be more of that sort of conversational level - brilliant repartee and sparkling wit.  If only I had a scriptwriter available at all times instead of stumbling through conversations not really saying what I meant and regretting what I did say.

Chris took them through three movies of Star Wars while I was away.  I like to think I am balancing their cultural education with Pride and Prejudice.  They will end up with a mix of Pride Stars and Prejudice Wars.

Miss Bennett, I fear you are Using the Force.

1 comment:

  1. I love Pride and Prejudice. I sometimes wish I could live in a Jane Austin novel. Though at least we get to the point a bit faster with our modern words :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!