Monday, April 1, 2013

traveling day twenty-five - in which we finally are home again

I am so grateful I had the opportunity to travel to Krygyzstan and China.  A big thank you to my wonderful husband who looked after the girls and the house and our lives while I was swanning around.

Things I was glad I packed:
- my sarong - storytelling prop, makeshift skirt, scarf, tablecloth, padding to bring home souvenirs, puppet theatre, room divider....
- my iPad - so many hours at the airport...
- baby wipes - so handy for everything
- snow boots and warm socks
- a torch - to read at night and find things
- a variety of scarfs for each occasion to make my travel clothes look more exotic
- American dollars to swap for Krygyz money
- emergency chocolate eclairs
- the right convertor plugs for the country for our chargers

Things I wish I had packed:
- a couple of singlets to use for sleeping in (the rooms were hot) and underlayers
- outer layer wet pants (adult pilchers) - for the snow
- movies on the iPad (the aeroplanes did not have TVs)
- my family

Now to settle back into work, school, house, church, family....... I have almost lost that feeling you get when you come off the plane and you feel as if you are in a bubble, and everything is operating around you through a layer of water.  My ears have nearly popped.  The kids and the dog want attention.


Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!