Monday, April 15, 2013

Waterbottle Battles

It has been one of my catch cries as a mum, as well as saying 'have you been to the toilet' and 'don't forget your hat', it is 'get your waterbottle'.

I am often the only one with a water bottle attached to me like a limpit. I am water bottle dependent. And I think my girls know this and take advantage of this. I have to bite my lip and breath ten times when they ask for a drink from my bottle - why didn't you bring your own when I reminded ten million time (I always over generalise). Not because I don't want my children's thirst to be quenched, or I resent sharing with them, or I am annoyed they forgot their own, or they completely know I always remember mine....

It's because I hate backwash.

Yes I went there. Tiny bits of matter suspended in my water swirling and settling like a snow globe.

I am thinking of making us all wear strap on hydropacks for our camping trip to Fraser Island this week.

3 comments:

  1. I almost never share my water bottle for that very reason! And, yes, I shout out the same catch cries as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was one of 5 brothers growing up (his poor mother ha ha)...their fridge was always full of almost empty bottles (milk, juice, cordial etc) because nobody would drink the last 10 percent...because (in the world according to them) the last bit in the bottle contained all the backwash from the naughty brothers too lazy to get a cup!!!!

    We say the same three things every time we leave our house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewww last 10% backwash. What if you combined them into one bottle - it would create some sort of super-backwash-bug

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!