Sunday, June 30, 2013

how my shoulders got sore from a puppet

Last week I had a cool opportunity to be involved in some filming for kids videos at church.  By 'me' I mean 'Dizzy'.  But she is such a princess she won't go anywhere without me.

It was one of the first times I had ever puppeted deliberately for a camera - so I worked out a few techniques along the way - like lying on a bean bag, and using a skateboard to 'walk' her along. 

And my shoulders got pretty sore by the end of the day.

Totally worth it.


These were Dizzy's 'legs'.....completely convincing...hoping the magic of film works...


Lying on a beanbag in the 'office'..


Awkwardly 'walking' along holding a garden implement.  Not tricky at all....


Film crew in action


Thanks Lisa for taking 'the making of' photos.  I am looking forward to seeing the completed products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!