Saturday, April 2, 2011

gardening

Today I spent a long time in the garden pruning and weeding.  I love being outside at my house - the trees and chooks and weeds all create a great ambiance.  When we were looking for a house to buy I viewed about 100 houses, and then found this one.  My description to Chris was 'the trees the big trees everywhere trees big all around it'.  He sensibly asked what the house was like - I said 'um some white three bedroom thing but the trees the trees'.  So we bought a house based mostly on the garden and the trees.  And I have not regretted that decision making process.

I have watched my garden through many seasons and now almost know what works (and what doesn't grow).  And the garden has a wild crazy feel about it, almost like it could slip into jungle at any point and over take the house.

But today I subdued it a bit and gave it a weed, haircut and mulch.  The scent of sugarcane hangs over the house now and I almost imagine we could be living in North Queensland.  The lorikeets have screeched their way to bed and the night crickets chirp softly.





2 comments:

  1. all those trees and yet Chris is on facebook begging for donated tree branches, just selfish really

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!