Friday, April 1, 2011

running

I heard a great description on Miranda the other night (by the way funniest show ever) where she said that as an adult you should only run if you are near a train station and look at your watch.  Having agreed with this for nearly all of my life - I have started mild running training in preparation for this.  Well, the 5 km part.

This afternoon I did gruelling laps of the park working up to a slow jog.  I would say to myself  'just to the next tree' 'just to the dead toad' 'just out of slight earshot of the girls as they are having a big fight on the flying fox'  (they were still within eyesight).

I am slightly improving.

The friends I am doing the 5 km run with think we should have a safety word so we can slow down to a walk.  And no-one will be judged on the use of the walk safety word.  Which will probably be 'puff puff puff stop I'm dying let's walk' - that is a good safety phrase I think.

Maybe as the kilos get left behind as I jog along the path it will get easier.  I always like to imagine little molecules of me flying off as I run them away.

Running is not my natural default position.  I think my natural default position is sitting having a cup of tea and a chat and a giggle.  I could definitely do 5 km of that if it was measurable.

1 comment:

  1. Flying fat molecules!... sounds like an episode of Dr Who. Congrats on the great work you're putting in and continue to go hard at it!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!