Thursday, April 14, 2011

a reason why I love Brisbane

There is a big advantage to living in Brisbane.  And it is not the glorious weather in autumn where I can still wear a singlet top at 9pm, or the great parks everywhere, or even it is where all my family and friends (most of them) live....it is GOMA.  The Gallery of Modern Art.

We drove into Southbank this afternoon after school on the last day of the longest term ever to visit the 21st Century Art Exhibition at GOMA.  It was fantastic.  And free.  And amazing. And I can't believe it is accessible to everyone.  And free.  And I feel all arty and creative just by being in that space.

And let's just say it in pictures.

really big slide in the middle of the gallery - and I even had a go!
Gab cracking up at one of the video installations
Our favourite - the room full of purple balloons

Juliet was there - fun!
As lego construction workers Annika and I are better at anything else...
But Chris and Gab rocked
Make a wish, take a wish

Gab's wish


Very fun afternoon followed by fish and chips and a surprise Grandad chat!

2 comments:

  1. Loved it - fun, hey!!! We really enjoyed out day there yesterday!! How were the lines??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from GOMA. Very good, although Rob and I were a little skeptical about some of the 'art' - seems like you can take a photo of anything, write a commentary on it that includes the term 'juxtaposition' and hey presto..

    also, we were pulling out wishes and reading them. Some were very funny.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!