Sunday, July 17, 2011

Geocaching again

Today we went geocaching with Aunty Katie. I think we are the only people on the geocaching website without our own GPS. We knocked off finding 5 caches around Mt Cootha. We clambered under fences and scuffled around in the dirt under permanent structures and there was a slightly awkward moment at the lookout when the clue we were looking for (a survey number) was under the bottom of a tourist sitting having his lunch.

And we logged them in all on the iPad - a very handy device.

It was awesome having Katie and Ella up for the weekend from Sydney - she managed to find 8 geochaches in Brisbane and get her tally up to 150, we had a great 40th birthday party for my wonderful husband, and we saw the final Harry Potter. I wish Sydney was closer. Maybe I will leave a trail of geocaches from Sydney to Brisbane so she has to come and visit us a lot!

2 comments:

  1. It was so great to visit. I love that Ella gets on so well with Annika and Gabby. I hardly had to look after her so it was a very relaxing weekend for me which is just what I needed after the school holidays. I hardly need geocaches to draw me to Brisbane - they are just an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a Geocache at my father in laws place, under the house in several boxes were about 40 years worth of National Geographics.

    :)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!