Saturday, July 2, 2011

the horrible feeling I have overcommitted...again

Well, it is the eve of the marathon.  The Gold Coast marathon.  And while I have only committed to running an eighth of the course - it is still looming up tomorrow morning inevitably.

My training regime has been....well....not as intensive as I had planned when I paid my entry fee for the 5km fun ruin run in March.  By this point I was planning to be able to run most of the course.  I can probably run the first part as I am pushed on by the sheer force of mass numbers expected at the event, and I will run into the finish line.

Although sometime in the last month I cracked the three digit barrier.  That's 9 kilos down since January.  Who knew exercising more and eating less cake and chips would do that do a girl.  I need to get a belt for my jeans before the plumbers crack from loose fitting pants becomes way too offensive.

Tonight during my final tapering period before the big race I have prepared by eating meat nachos for dinner and having a beer.

And I am under strict instructions not to break my puppetting arm during the race as there is kid's holiday program all next week at church.  The show must go on.

Off to bed.  5.30am start.

Gulp.

1 comment:

  1. Here here- i wish you every ounce of success- it's great to see you achieve another goal- and no to breaking ANY limbs! I can widen that box for a wheelchair if I have to!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!