Wednesday, November 16, 2011

puppypuppypuppypuppy

We are very much enjoying having a puppy in the house.  At times I forget she is not our old dog and give her commands that she has no idea what they mean.  But she is very fun.

Today was HOT in Brisbane - so I needed to get a clam for her.  Does it mean anything that the dog got a nice new clam and the children got one from council pick-up when they were smaller?


She went nuts in her clam. Splashing and carrying on.  Like she was having fun.

Then I made her a digging spot.  The dog trainer at puppy class said this was a good idea for dogs who like to dig - give them one spot to dig in and they may not dig in the garden.  Scooter likes to dig, and has made several holes in the backyard already.

She really enjoyed her digging spot.  Which was the old place where the sand pit used to be.  I hid little treats in there for her.


I would like to train her to recognise weeds and pull them out by the roots.  This is my plan.

So we had a wet, dirty but very happy dog all afternoon.


I understand, Scooter.  This is also what I would like to do at the end of the day.  Maybe with pants though.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Catriona!
    I hope you'd have your legs together too!!
    Seriously, she is tool cute.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!