Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Going to the zoo zoo zoo how about you you you

We have come down to Sydney for a few days to recover from the last week of school. I find getting away from my house the best way to not think about all the jobs I need to do around the house. And hanging out with the cousins is always fun.

Apparently last time we were in Sydney (two and a half years ago) I made a vague promise that next time we were here I would take the girls to the zoo. They have memories like elephants, because zoo demands were made on this trip. So today we packed a lunch and headed off to Taronga Zoo, where the giraffes have a fantastic view and there are baby elephants and tigers. We walked downhill through the zoo, which is the right thing to do, and then caught the cable car back up, then down, then up , then down, then up.

Cable cars on a slow day at the zoo are fun.

I also managed to drive back to my sister in law's house from one side of Sydney to the other while being navigated by 8 year old Gabby. All I can say is we were fortunate the traffic was slow as it took her a while to work out her alphabetical order and her left/right orientation. I only made two wrong turns and we were back in time for tea!

Harry Potter exhibition tomorrow - bring it on!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!