Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sydney done and dusted

Loved spending a week in Sydney.  I did all of my Sydney essentials like catching up with cousins, eating Lebanese food, licking excellent gelato, visiting the Powerhouse museum to see Harry Potter, having Turkish pizza, hanging out in Sydney parks, getting proper Greek baklava...it is really about the food isn't it.  And the company.

We watched the cousin's Christmas concert.  She NAILED her part of an angel.  Proud aunty moments.


Visiting Taronga Zoo.  Where the animals have an awesome view.



This is a weird looking creature.  It is a Tapir.  We all got the giggles.


All aboard the Hogwarts Express at the Harry Potter exhibition!  I think I would have enjoyed the exhibition more if I could go by myself without the crowds of Sydney crushing my attempts to see Dumbledore's wand and Hermione's time turner.  Maybe I should become a person of major importance so I can demand exhibitions be opened only for oneself at night time.  Although it is less fun without living on the edge with a two year old nephew running through the exhibition.


Reading stories with cousins.  Who are super cute.  And have adoring eyes for my two big girls.


Visiting lovely friends (Gerringong is quite far from Sydney.  I didn't think it through very much before saying I would pop over for lunch.  Five hour round trip.  But so worth it.).  I miss her.  I didn't say half the things I wanted to or hear half the news I needed to.


Cousins, pizza and a back yard.


The fabulous Aunty Katie made cloaks for the girls - with fabric chosen by them in an excrutiating trip to Spotlight.  Gab insisted on stripes.  I didn't have the energy to argue against the seventies curtains connatations.  Annika went for a more traditional fairystory blue sparkly velvet.  Which she has worn non stop for three days.  Even on the plane home.




And I also fitted in some food play with my nephew to practise touching and interacting with different foods, and possibly eating some new things. He did well, and we had fun.  And we made some small progress. Yay.

We picked up vegetables and made a vegetable tower.


We made an apple and cruskit fire engine with cucumber wipers and an apple puree road.


We made a dinosaur swamp with chocolate yoghurt, hummous and apple puree.


Fun.

Thanks to my extended family who hosted us for the week.  We are blessed.

2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure!! Please come again.... SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too babe. I'll come to you next time! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!