Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hairbands

No matter how many packets of hairbands I buy once they enter my house they seem to disappear like smoke in an afternoon breeze. The good black ones that is. The old non stretchy ones seem to lurk around fooling you into thinking you have hairbands, but do not actually hold any hair in place.

Every morning there is a Race To The Good Hair Band. The girls keep finding my secret hairband hiding place and using then losing the good hairbands. Three girls in the house means a high attrition of hairbands.

So this morning when I had one really good hairband, black and strong, and I needed to do a ponytail for work in unwashed hair, and then I accidentally flicked it into the open toilet while I was doing my hair - what would you do?

What would you do when the only good hairband in the house is in the toilet?

.............

6 comments:

  1. No debate. I would absolutely fish it out and use it!! You know I very rarely go with my hair down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish it out! If the toilet had been - used - and not flushed - then put gloves on, fish it out and wash it! C'mon! It's the good hairband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did fish it out, rinse it and do my ponytail. Then wondered if I was disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washing redeems everything. If you think you shouldn't be wearing that [washed] hair band, perhaps Joseph shouldn't be wearing the [washed] undies he had an accident in last week. And perhaps I shouldn't still be wearing my [washed] yoga pants after birthing a child into them five years ago. Washing? Redeems everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once dropped my prescription sunglasses in a public toilet. There was no choice but to "be disgusting". And I didn't happen to have any rubber gloves with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At risk of being boring, I too would fish it out, rinse and use. Absolutely. That's not disgusting, it's common sense! ;) And I know EXACTLY what you mean about the hairband issue! I find it also extends to bobby pins. Where do they go?!?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!