Friday, March 30, 2012

it has come to the point in my life where



the only fashion they seem to stock is beige three quarter pants.  The mid thirties mum style. I seem to have about seven million pairs. 


I try to branch out and wear funky clothes - but I keep snapping back to beige pants and a mum top.  Is it because I have let myself go?  Once I have got everyone else ready it is a super achievement to get out of the house and beige pants can transfer easily from school drop off to work to shopping to coffee with friends to home group.  


Walking around the shops a bit today I got fatigued looking at the clothes.  The choices.  The drama.  I just do not care enough I think.


I also noticed on our recent beach holiday that I have transformed into total mum-on-the-beach attire.  There is no pretending anymore that I have ever been trendy and young.  It was 30+, boardies, rashie, sunnies and a hat with a large bag of water bottles, snacks and towels.




the only attempt I make towards grooviness is with scarves - but even that is more in a 'look at my pretty scarf not at my lumpy bits' distracting kind of way.


Some girls have 'it'.


I get dressed in the morning.


In beige pants.

1 comment:

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!