Tuesday, March 27, 2012

running!

Cross country was  yesterday.  I passed this advice onto Annika - 'don't run too fast or you might get into districts and have to do it again, jog past the teachers and have fun'.

She out did all my expectations and came 18th out of all the grade 6 girls.  I was mega proud.  And pleased with the placement of out of the top ten but in the top quarter.  Excellent work my girl.


 Cross country is fun when you have mates to do it with - even if they are in different houses.

 Gab running the course!


BFFs.  Who spent the time in the cross country race having a chat and a bit of a jog and came in the bottom ten.

I hope I have not passed my loathing of cross country when I was a child onto the girls.  I tried to mask it well.  I cheered for them.  Quietly.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I feel the same way. My advice to the boys was to make it all the way, without vomiting at the end and requiring an early mark from school!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!