Monday, December 20, 2010

connected

Lightning strikes.  That was what caused out router, network card and modem to frizzle up and collapse in the storms in Brisbane last Thursday.  So I was disconnected from the net  for five days.

It has been liberating and frustrating.  I didn't realise how much I look at the net - check the weather, do banking, check my ebay sales, check email communication, blog, facebook, look up stuff like where are the Christmas lights, watch i-view....

On the other hand, it has been quite good being a woman of mystery for five days.  No contact via electronic media.  I looked up our paper white pages for a phone number (for the optus guy to come and fix our internet!).

I read a lot of my current book (A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin), and went canoeing in the great outdoors.  I cooked and chatted and tidied the house.

But now I am back on.  Hooray.  I think if in the future we have little ear pieces with connection to the internet and we wore them all day - I would probably be one of those people who would wear it. 

I like being connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!