Sunday, December 5, 2010

puppet box

I have received my Christmas present early from my wonderful husband - my very own puppet box!! Yayy!  From this design.  I have already used it three times in the last week doing various performances at Christmas carols, and it is very wonderful.  My husband made my box 10cm taller than the design and it is just the right height for me.  I decided on black so I can add colour if I need, and so the focus is on the queen bee herself.  I also added modifications such as velcro on the top to attach the curtain, and a spa and movie theatre with surround sound and lounge couches in the box.

Dizzy is finding it a wonderful home, and she is thinking up ideas for decorating already.  But I am drawing the line at pink lava lamps and pictures of furry little kittens labelled breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I am really looking forward to many years in this box performing puppetry.  It is very satisfying and creative.  Soon I will be 'that mad old puppet lady'.

I took a few photos of the box at the Gap Presbyterian Carols night where it is on loan tonight.

This is Razzle testing out the box before the carols night.


This is Dizzy being overexposed in the spotlight.

 She would argue that you can never have enough exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!