Saturday, November 20, 2010

relaxing......

Last year we put a deck on our house.  It was a long held dream.  I had imagined the deck so many times in that corner of the house that I would hang up the clothes on the hills hoist (where the deck now is) and fantasize about sitting in comfy chairs one metre higher in the air - drinking tea on the deck, having friends over on the deck, reading the paper over a morning scrambled free range egg, having BBQs on the deck, absorbing the sunset over Mt Gravatt, reading my Bible on the deck, and RELAXING.

My husband hung a hammock and a swing chair in the corner of the deck.  I think he was also visualising quiet afternoons swinging in the hammock, beer in hand.

It has turned into gymnastics corner.

Whatever child comes to our house cannot resist swinging and contorting in the hammock and the chair, and doing death defying acts in the swing chair.  Wrapping a friend in the hammock and wildly twisting the ropes has become the best game.

There have only been a couple of accidents so far.....
I guess the relaxing part will come.

In time.

When the sleeping hormones of adolescence hit.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe I never got a cup of tea on that deck. One day I'll come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please please please come and have a cuppa on the deck Fi!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!