Wednesday, January 12, 2011

flooding

Queensland is flooded.  Queensland is quite big - so that is a lot of water.  It has been raining and raining for a long time but not quite forty days.

Our house is fine.  Our suburb is fine.  But there are terrible pictures of the suburbs by the river getting swallowed up in water.  And people being lost to the water.

I went to Woolies today to grab a some dinner things - total panic buying.  There was no milk, no bread, no eggs, no bottled water - and this is in our suburb where there is no flooding.

I feel like I should do something.  But I think there will be lots of cleaning up to help with. 

Our library puppet shows have been cancelled this week - they are advising against unnecessary travel around Brisbane.

Lots of flooding.  Lots of news and media about flooding.

This afternoon I saw a rainbow and remembered a promise.

It will be okay.

1 comment:

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!