Tuesday, January 4, 2011

library time

Tomorrow I start the the first of ten puppet shows in the Brisbane City Council libraries.  With Domino the Jester.  That's right - Dizzy is on tour.  Well, around the suburbs of Brisbane.

I feel a bit nervous, but also pretty excited.  It is a great opportunity.  I have wanted to be a puppeteer for a long time, probably since doing my first show over the back of the couch when I was eight.  I think as a career that earns you some money and helps with piano lessons and food to eat speech therapy is better - but there has always been that little nagging in my head that I want to be one of the people working on the Muppet show or Sesame Street.  Probably not that achievable while being a mum, youth pastor's wife and based in Brisbane.  But taking Dizzy around Brisbane is a fun thing.  And able to be done during school holidays.

Being 37 and realising a little part of a dream is a great thing.  I hope I remember my lines and the show goes great.  I will take some photos and report back!

1 comment:

  1. Sure you'll both be stars, just don't let that hack Domino ruin the fun

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!