Thursday, January 27, 2011

oi oi oi

Australia Day for the Pines means our annual open house BBQ.  We have had this BBQ for 17 years now - it started as our engagement party, then the next year it was the housewarming party, then it was a TRADITION.  People kept turning up with their sausages to be cooked and expecting the slip and slide to be running.

I love it.  It is a great way to catch up with people we haven't seen for a while, and I always love a party.  Out house gets pretty trashed, but today it has snapped back ok into regular functioning.  My friends who I asked to make salads about seven years ago still turn up with a salad. 

Also, my oldest daughter's birthday is on Monday.  I remember vividly the Australia Day BBQ where I was nine months pregnant and fully expecting to give birth down the slip and slide.  She held off for a few more days until the very hot weather broke.

Some pictures of Australia days - what I found on our hard drive! There are some signficant gaps - I guess I was too busy chatting and cooking to take any photos.

1996
2007

2008

 2010

2011


2 comments:

  1. One of these years I am going to have to come along. I could help clean up after because we would be staying with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the catch-ups so thanks for hosting the parties! I just noticed a very little puppy in the first photo- Amy- how cute!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!