Saturday, September 3, 2011

Piano

Both the girls are learning piano at the moment. It is exciting to see their skill development and brains fry a little bit as they get both their hands to do different things simultaneously. There have been books and books written about the benefits of children learning music, but here are my ideas:
- they get to learn discipline - although I am not a
mother in Singapore who says things like 'the third hour of practice is hard'
- it does not come automatically which is especially important for my older one, who finds school work mostly easy
- they are developing a strong relationship with another adult who is very interested in their progress and makes sure they have fun while they are learning (thanks Katrina!)
- I get to listen to music every day in my house. I have plans of Annika accompanying me while I sing through catalogues of Broadway musicals. 'I dreamed a dream of time gone by......'
- if they keep learning maybe one day they could be part of a music team at church, and help people give glory to God
- their brains get a workout - all the bits working together
- I get to practice my negotiating skills daily as I "encourage" scales and pieces

I am going to try and keep them going as long as I can.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!