Monday, September 19, 2011

travelling day ten - where I become an international puppet consultant

Mr Orange modelling with his unfinished monster mates

construction zone - hot glue is really hot

From a tiny hair brained idea to a full afternoon of fabric, foam and hot glue guns.  The Sunday school teachers from the international community had a wonderful afternoon of puppet making and learning about how to use this puppeting tool to tell stories.  It had become a Project with a capital ‘P’.  It was a real blessing to being among these people and teach them my small amount of knowledge about puppets, and to witness their creativity.  Mr Orange was turned inside out many times to investigate how he was made.  And I now have a contact in Wuhan who can tailor make more puppet bodies for me.

Look what we made!



We have been here just over a week, and I feel that we have been placed for a purpose at this place at this time.  I am leaving a little puppet legacy behind that will hopefully help more children and people engage and learn about the Kingdom.  

I also helped with Sunday school this morning at the weekly meeting.  We had a pitched battle with balloon swords between Jonathon and the Philistines (after a quick check on the net on how to make balloon swords!).  And Annika and I introduced the actions to three Colin Buchanan songs.  Fun times.

Annika and Gabby are making their own puppets to bring home tomorrow.  I am getting concerned about our luggage – I will possibly need to buy another bag!

5 comments:

  1. Did we get an Dizzy look-a-likes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. still praying for you...most nights

    Major fire on Pine Mountain Rd as we speak...channel 7 chopper hovering practically over our house

    np

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coooooool puppets
    I love how they're all different
    I hope Mr Orange has been duly settled after being handled like that!
    LT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granny - no Dizzy look alikes - I did have a major hot glue gun incident today as we were finishing them off - blisters on three of my fingers...ow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa - there are four coming home with me as yet undecorated...I see a craft day coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!