Wednesday, January 18, 2012

and just like that...

my long service leave has ended. 


It went quickly, and when I look back it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what happened to that four months.  I know I held babies, and supported friends, and expanded our world in China.  I know my faith grew and I had time with God.  I know that we didn't have takeaway and the garden looks whipped into shape.  I know that my daughters talked with me and we grew together.  I know that I was able to do more puppetry.

Tomorrow I commence back at work.  It ticks all the boxes for a job - interesting, flexible, part-time, helping change lives, ability to wear shorts and no make-up.  But I am not that excited about starting again.  I have disengaged from my job - and I think it will take a few weeks to get back into it.  Or maybe when I start it will be as if I had never left....I have some paperwork that needs immediate attention (sigh).  I will be more grateful and thankful for my job.

I will be more grateful and thankful for my job.

I will be more grateful and thankful for my job.

(repeat.   and breathe.)


Today we wandered around on the mudflats at Brighton.  Gab freaked out about the crabs.  I wished I was a better photographer.  Scooter went nuts.


Tomorrow....work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!