Wednesday, January 4, 2012

art it up

I took the girls to the Gallery of Modern Art - as we are only doing Free Things On the Holidays (apart from the activities I paid for before the holidays when there was still school on and still some extra money before Christmas).  In between cries of 'what do we do?' and 'what's next?' and 'here we are now entertain us' (only not sung or smelling like a teen spirit) I heard myself proclaiming quite loudly 'WE ARE HERE TO LOOK AT THE ART AND APPRECIATE IT SO SOAK UP THE ARTINESS AND BE THANKFUL FOR GOMA'.

We looked at the art.


We walked through the art.


We posed with the art.


We made the art.




We marvelled at the art - tiny bits of coloured sugar (interesting choice in a kids art exhibition - very difficult not to touch and taste - and I am 38.  Imagine the self restraint required for a three year old.)


We walked past the art.


We went outside and enjoyed God's art by the river while having lunch and cartwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!