Monday, January 16, 2012

when the time comes

Today we attended the funeral of a lovely gentleman from church.  It was a beautiful service as we remembered him, and I was thinking as I sat there 'I will see him again in glory'.  We saw photos of him as a younger man, and I found out things about him I never would have guessed - only knowing him as a retired gentleman.

When the time comes I would like to go as Doug did - surrounded by his family, 89 not out, quickly (no rehab for me with some young speech pathologist saying have you done your exercises Mrs Pine) and with the sure strong hope of heaven. 

And he chose John 14:1-4 - 'do not let your hearts be troubled...'.

When the time comes...

For now I will make the most of what I have here - there is plenty of work for love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!